BC Original is the most famous BlueCast resin. It is 100% ash-free in order to get perfect casting quality in jewelry manufacturing. BlueCast Original is available in different formulation for LCD/DLP and SLA machines and it is suitable for: Academy ring, Big pendent, Chevalier ring, Medals and Coins, Religious gold art, Solid bracelet, Engagement and wedding ring. BlueCast Original is a "Just cast it resin”. It was the first world castable resin not needing UV curing.
HOW TO USE IT
- Heat the resin by submerging the capped bottle in an ultrasonic cleaner or use a baby bottle warmer. Alternatively, microwave the completely full 500g bottle (capped) for 45 seconds at 700W. Adjust the heating time based on the bottle weight and resin consumption.
- Shake the resin bottle for 60 seconds before use. If the resin has been sitting in the tank, use a silicone spatula to ensure thorough mixing.
- Check the Z offset and calibrate if necessary.
- Use sandpaper (200-400 grit) to abrade the aluminum plate for better adhesion.
- Do not store the resin in the tank for more than 24 hours as BlueCast resins are highly hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the air.
- It is advisable to filter the resin after each print cycle and store it in its original container for optimal preservation and to prevent alteration of its characteristics.
- Clean the prints using 91%/99% ethyl alcohol or IPA and blow-dry them with compressed air.
- Spray brand new 91%/99% ethyl alcohol or IPA over the patterns after the first cleaning step.
- Dry and clean the pieces again using compressed air for best results.
- UV curing can be used if there are any areas of uncured resin after improper washing.
- Proceed with the usual investment process and follow the manufacturer's recommended burnout cycle for your chosen investment.